Internationalconversations seeks scholarly essays, research-based articles, and reviews that address important issues related to church and ministry. We welcome persons from all parts of the world to submit articles and essays. The guiding editorial policy is that articles are research- based and of high standard, while including practical information of interest to pastors and leaders/members. We welcome lay leaders to submit articles as well.
Since authors are from around the world and each have their own referencing styles, articles can follow whatever style chosen by the author. Manuscripts should be double-spaced in 12-point Times New Roman font. Articles should not exceed 6,000 words in length. Book reviews and essays should be 500-750 words in length. Biased terminology should not be used.
Article Review Process
The editor and a reviewer will review the article/essay. Here is a suggested format, but this list does not limit other considerations
- Research Paper: Include information on what hermeneutical lens is being used to examine and interpret the subject/issue/phenomena. Discuss appropriateness of the method for the question; describe the treatment and interpretation of data; consider the importance of results; discuss the practical and substantive implications of the research.Best Practices Paper: Include a full description of the theological underpinnings of the practice of ministry as it relates to ones own context. The theology should be exciting, provoking, engaging, practical and transformational.
- Scholarly Essay: Consider the importance of the problem, thoroughness of coverage of relevant literature, and logical development of the essay.
Evaluation of Submissions
Articles will be submitted to internationalconversations.com. Each article or essay is evaluated on the paper’s form and content. Form includes writing style and readability, logical development, and length. Evaluation will consider originality of topic or approach, significance of the subject, and significance to the global readership.
Internationalconversations.com will make one of four recommendations:
- Accept. The article is worthy of publication in the Internatioanlconversations.com website. The author will be notified.
- Accept pending minor revisions. The article promises to be worthy of publication in the Internatioanlconversations.com. The author will be asked to make suggested revisions and resubmit the article.
- Major revisions recommended. The subject of the article is worthy of publication, but revision is necessary. Reviewer’s comments and suggestions will be shared with the author, and the author will be asked to revise the article and resubmit it.
- Reject. The article is not considered appropriate for publication in the Internatioanlconversations.com. The author will receive an explanation for the rejection, including comments from reviewers.
Final decisions on publication are made at the discretion of the editor, in consultation with reviewers. Authors will be required to assign copyright of their article to Internatioanlconversations.com. Disclaimer: Articles published do not necessarily reflect the policy of Internatioanlconversations.com
How to Submit
Contributions should be sent electronically to: